Oct 31, 2010

Blog Slacker?

Busy mom of 3 crazy kids...and overwhelmed by all my titles (mom, wife, maid, chef, chauffeur, etc).  This blog has just not been one of the priorities. :)  I do enjoy having it as a sort of journal or scrapbook of our family, and it has saved me more than once when my memory has forgotten.  I also lost pictures of Whit's 8th b-day party and was able to copy those that I had posted here on the blog.  :)  So....definitely worth the time and trouble. 
Here is a quick update...
We filled the remainder of our summer with fun adventures and activities, and then school started for Whitney late in August.  She is in the 4th Grade and is really enjoying her class and teacher Mrs Crook.  Two of her very good friends moved this summer, but she was excited to have 5 new girls move into her class.  She is great at making friends and enjoys the occasional play date with her girlfriends from school.  She is a great student and is trying to make her life easier by getting homework done at school. (LOVE it!!)  This was the first year I forgot to take pictures of her on the first day of school.  :(  Sorry Whit!!
Once Whitney started school, my world changed!!  I had gotten used to her being home to help with C and L.  I worried about what they would destroy or do to each other while I was in the shower and how I would entertain them by myself all day?  We tackled a couple of adventures on our own, played a lot at the park, and also in the yard here at home.  Colin and Lindsie both LOVE to be outside, and have SO much energy that there are days I can't keep up.
The weather is getting colder here and I am NOT looking forward to so much time with them indoors.  Snowsuits and boots are definitely in our future!! :)
Lindsie worked all summer on her potty training and finally had it down by August...just in time to start preschool!!  We had a fun Labor Day at the lake and the following day Lindsie had her first day of school!  She has a very fun and patient teacher they call Miss Patti and 9 other cute kids in her class.  Although she was very eager to start school, she cries and struggles with me leaving every time!  Once I leave she is totally fine and has a great time, so I'm at a loss as to why "the drama" occurs??  We have been on field trips with her class to the apple orchard, fire station, and the pumpkin patch.  We love hearing about things she does and learns at school.  My favorite was when she came home telling me that a boy in her class said he saw her underwear.  She said "I told him they are not underwear, they are Big Girl Panties!" 
Colin is growing and changing so quickly! He loves to get into everything and will always copy Lindsie in her mischief.  The bathroom drawers are almost empty by the time I am ready for the day and the kitchen drawers and cabinets are never safe.  He has a fascination with brooms and vacuums that we cannot understand, and he is constantly making us smile with his dancing and gibberish.  He loves animals and is learning some of his animal sounds.  My favorite is the elephant.  So darling!!
Chris has been busy with work and all the drama that goes with his job.  He continues to travel... some weeks more than others...and I try to keep from getting too overwhelmed by all my titles...some weeks more than others! :)  Grateful that we are all healthy, happy (most of the time), and can enjoy the time we have together.

No post is complete without pictures....right??   Click to enlarge!!







3 comments:

Gina said...

So cute Nic! I can't believe how fast your kids are growing.

Hey, November is looking unusually free right now so we need to plan a day to get together! What is good for you?

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Your blog is beautiful!

James and Melissa said...

Your kids are the cutest! I wish I could've been there for Ang's shower, but I can't wait to do lunch sometime around Christmas!