Nov 5, 2009

Halloween 2009

We had a great Halloween with the kids.  The girls were excited to dress up and wear their costumes two nights in a row.  First for the ward party, and then Halloween night.  Whitney chose her own costume this year...a vampiress.  She said she wanted to be something more "scarey" this year.  I had a difficult time deciding what to dress Lindsie as this year.  My mom found this old 70's dress of mine in her basement and brought it for Lindsie to play dress up.  When I saw it on her I just knew she needed to be Little Bo Peep.  I found a plastic candy cane at Wal Mart and covered it with ribbon for her staff.  She loved to carry it around and it became a weapon for her as well. :)  I would have loved to find a sheep costume for Colin, but couldn't justify it.  We had a perfectly good Cow costume from when Whit was a baby.  He looked adorable!  Whitney taught Lindsie to say..."Little Bo Peep who lost her cow."  It was funny to hear her say it. 
Halloween night Nana and Papa came for dinner and helped pass out treats.  Whitney was thrilled to go trick or treating with her friend Brooke around the neighborhood "all by themselves"!  Chris took Lindsie down the street and back and she really seemed to like it.  She came back with quite a lot of candy (for such a short distance) and a couple of rocks she picked up along the way. :)


Posing with our carved pumpkins


Little Bo Lindsie


Vampiress Whitney


Lindsie and Colin


Kiddos

Family @ Ward Party

3 comments:

Steph said...

Your kids are so darling!!

Anonymous said...

So cute. I love all the costumes. I added you guys as friends on our blog, that way we can stay in touch better. Hope you guys are doing well.

Lewis Family said...

Great costumes! Looks like a very happy halloween!