Oct 25, 2009

Pickin' Punkin's

As Lindsie says..."pick a punkin".  This is one of my favorite fall activities with the kids.  I know it's nothing major, but I love to watch them try to find what they think is the "perfect pumpkin".  For the last few years we have gone to Patch's farm in west Farmington.  They have a huge patch where you can go out in the field and pick them right off the vine.  It's dirty, but fun. 
This year most of the pumpkins were green?  Chris loved the shape and size of two bigger green pumpkins and we did get some orange ones as well.  As we were paying (for our whopping 95 pounds of pumpkins) the kid working at the patch told us that the seeds were planted late this year and that the pumpkins were not quite ripe.  He assured us that they would still turn orange in time.  He was right!  We have some very cool splotchy orange/green pumpkins on our porch this year for Halloween. :)



3 comments:

Sara said...

I love pumpkin picking as well. I just love fall in general. The weather, the colors, and the holidays. I just wish it lasted longer in Utah. It seems it's over in a blink of an eye. We usually go to Patch's also, but opted not this year. Last year, all our pumpkins from there rotted before we even got them carved. I'm hoping it was just a bad year.

Lewis Family said...

Fun pictures! I also love the car seat cover. Go Utes!

James and Melissa said...

I love your pumpkins--they look really neat with the green! I hope you had a great Halloween!