Chris and I enjoyed a fabulous vacation together on the island of Maui. I had been looking forward to this week since November, and now I can't believe it's over. It seems like a dream! I guess you could call this my last big "adventure away" before the baby's arrival in July? Someone we met in Hawaii called the trip my early "push present", which totally makes me laugh. I'd never heard that term before...have you?? Anyway, the timing for the trip was Perfect! No more major morning sickness, and I don't have too big of a belly yet to be too be uncomfortable. Not to mention that I was in serious need of time away from home and cold weather. :)
A BIG Thanks to Nana (and Papa) for coming to stay with the girls here at our house. We knew they were in good hands and didn't have to worry about them at all! What a relief! I'm sure my mom feels like she needs a vacation now...hee, hee. Thank you Mom! This trip never would have happened without your willingness to help.
So, what did we do for a week in Paradise? Whatever we wanted!! It was so great to have freedom from a schedule, kids, work, etc. We went to the beach, pool, shopping, people watching :), site seeing, boating and snorkeling, whale watching, and ate way TOO much FOOD! (If I wasn't really showing before, I am NOW!) It was an all around FUN and RELAXING week! Thanks to my sweet hubby for all the wonderful memories I will have of this trip! I'm glad all your work travels could finally pay off! Love you!
" Pick a Pearl" We knew this would have been something Whitney would have LOVED to do. Chris chose an oyster, and to our surprise we became the owners of Twin Black Pearls! We had them mounted on stud earings for Whitney...she was Thrilled!




World's largest Hawaiian shirt (for Whitney!)
Banyan trees at the entrance of our resort.
Old Banyan tree in Lahaina on Front street shopping. I remembered having my picture taken here as on my last trip to Hawaii in 1990.
Finally at Haleakala crater after a long but beautiful drive from sea level to 10,000+ feet!!
Beach Bums...and proud of it!!
Humpback Whale watching from the beach, and Chris boogie boarding.Catamaran snorkeling adventure to Molokini Crater, a turtle cleaning station, and more whale watching from the boat... Swimming with the fish and turtles was Amazing!











3 comments:
Glad you guys had some time away! That is awesome. And you both look great--even expecting your third! The girls look adorable in their coconuts and skirts. Can't believe how big Lindsie is getting. What a doll, and older sis is just gorgeous.
Those skirts and coconuts crack me up. So cute. I'm glad you were able to get away from this cold and misery. Looks like a lot of fun.
ooooh I am SO jealous right now! This looks heavenly right about now!!!!!!
Post a Comment