May 4, 2008

Remembering a dear friend...


A year ago today on 05-06-07 my good friend Lamont passed away after a difficult battle with pancreatic cancer. He was my boss, teacher, doctor, counselor, example, friend and so much more. I miss his funny sense of humor and his wealth of knowledge about everything! Some of my favorite memories of Lamont include our trip to Jackson Hole and riding the river, boating at Echo Lake, the day he changed my life and corrected my vision with Lasik (for free!!), "happy lunch club" (when I worked at MVEC and years after I had quit), our interactions at the office and assisting him in his care to patients, and the heartfelt advice and conversations we had throughout the years that have made me the person I am today!

"I cannot say good-bye to those whom I have grown to love, for the memories we have made will last a lifetime and never know a good-bye." Author Unknown



July 2003- My last day at work

February 2006- "Happy Lunch Club"
(Karla, Me, Lamont, Katie)






June 2006- Cancer walk...believing in miracles!!
Chris and I with Lamont and Katie & Cory Bodily



November 2006- Aspen and her daddy at "happy lunch club"

Lamont's headstone...
placed in time for his birthday on April 13, 2008
Debbie did an amazing job on this. I've never seen anything like it! I love the wording at the top..."Healed Eyes, Taught others to see". He was a talented eye surgeon and a true follower of Christ. He is missed by many and has taught us all to "see".

2 comments:

Katie B said...

LOVE this post. You made me cry... that's not nice!

Love the new background!

Anonymous said...

Really sweet post. The headstone is nothing like I expected...very NEAT!! You also made me cry... but I'm glad I was able to see it.

Your whole blog is very cute!