Feb 9, 2010

Hawaii 2010!!

Yes! I went on a last minute trip to Kauai!  Happy Birthday to me...right? 
Here's a quick version of how it happened...  As I mentioned in an earlier post, Chris went to North Carolina for training meetings for a week in January.  He left on Sunday AM and by Wednesday AM I was already feeling crazy!  He sent me a text that read... "Asked to go to Derm Conference next week, want to go to Hawaii?"  I totally thought he was kidding!!  His boss had asked him if he wanted to join him for the meetings and work the conference.  He said I was welcome to come, I just had to pay my own way.  I never thought I would find a flight, find someone to stay with the girls, be able to travel with a baby, and have it all work out with such short notice, but it DID!  How could I pass it up?
So...here are some of the many beautiful things we looked at for a week!!  Sorry that so many of them are of Colin or just scenery, but keep in mind that Chris worked every day from 6:30 AM to 1 PM while Colin and I walked the resort, went to the beach, etc. Whitney really wants to go to Hawaii and asked me to take pictures of EVERYTHING! Someday it will be her turn, but for now she just gets pictures. :)  No, it wasn't all work for Chris...he did join us at the pool in the afternoons and he even had the opportunity to go zip lining with one of his dr friends from Portland. 

Grand Hyatt Kaua'i


Chris coming out of the waterslide

"Spouting Horn" aka blow hole :)

First day at the beach!






This is how Colin spent most of his days in Hawaii...asleep in the stroller

These beautiful birds were perched in the resort lobby every day.  We were lucky enough to be there when the trainers had them out for guests to hold.

Chillin' on the beach...Heaven!!

This is the only picture we have of the 3 of us together...and it was taken by some random stranger across the coy pond :)

Zipline Adventure


"Tunnel of trees"

This cool looking factory was out in the middle of nowhere.  We thought it made for a great scenic picture?

Glen (Chris' boss), his wife Thoa, and Colin after my "birthday dinner". 

Chris is still such a kid...catching geckos almost every night on the way to our room.  This one ran up his arm and stayed on his pocket.


One of our many food experiences...Asian style noodles

Finally a little sunshine after rain all day!

Cutest boy on the island!!

One last Shaved Ice before heading home...YUM!!
Even Colin was a huge fan! :)

Colin's "red eye" flight experience.  He was an ANGEL!!  Slept the whole 4 hours to the mainland (LA)

Happy to see his BIG Sister!!

BIG "Thanks" to: my mom (and dad) for watching the girls, Molly for driving carpool ALL week, Natalie for the use of her stroller, and Chris for letting me use his hard earned Sky Miles to get me to Kauai!!  Love you all!!

7 comments:

James and Melissa said...

How fun! I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip! I'm really jealous too--we've even been getting snow in North Carolina!

The Peach.... said...

Oh I am so jealous! Even with a baby, this looks so fun!

Erica said...

Looks FABULOUS! I would love to go to Hawaii again (Steve and I went after we graduated from BYU), but from DC it is 10 hours! I guess I need to get to the Bahamas or something!

amy and josh said...

Wow! I wish I could go to Hawaii. It looks like it was an amazing trip and lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

WOW! looks like a blast. I long to warm and at the beach. I am glad that you were able to go and have some R&R.

Sara said...

That is so wonderful. Just makes me warm reading about the beach. Collin is just too cute in his beach gear. :) Glad you had a great time and things worked out so well for you.

Lewis Family said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time!! Oh girl, I totally want to do that zipline!!! Glad you had a fun surprise adventure.